INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This Privacy Statement governs Personal Information we collect from our customers and online users (“you”), as well as information we automatically collect from your online visits (e.g. data collected via cookies).
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
- Use our websites or applications;
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers, training or information;
- Place orders for products or services or register for events;
- Create and manage an account;
- Apply for a credit card or financing;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Provide a testimonial;
- Subscribe to newsletters, marketing and promotional emails or other materials;
- Contact us.
Categories of Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, home address, contact telephone numbers, user IDs and passwords. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests, and preferences. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary. If you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and billing information. We may ask for your national identity number and other data to process your credit or financing request.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Camp Plana, information collected through one source may be combined with information Camp Plana obtains through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our websites.
Information We Automatically Collect
We may automatically collect behavioral and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with Camp Plana websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties. We may use the information to better understand you to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, products andservices to you and to help prevent and detect fraud.
How We Use Personal Information
Camp Plana may use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the products, solutions, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Send communications to you, including information about product safety, your transaction status including notifications about products in your cart and order confirmations, specific Camp Plana programs in which you have chosen to participate, products, solutions and services available from Camp Plana, events, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate your use of our website, online Camp Plana chat forums, including Camp Plana newsgroups and blogs;
- Offer Live Chat assistance to respond to your online inquiries;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, solutions, services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Better understand our customers and online users, including profiling based on interests and interactions with our site;
- Personalize content and implement your preferences;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses, and our products or services; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
Legal Basis of Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
- To comply with a contractual obligation (for example, using your shipment details to make delivery where you have bought a product from us or using your personal details where you have asked us to do something before making a purchase, such as providing you with a quote). We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your information.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us.
Retention of Your Data
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Camp Plana may transfer your Personal Information to other companies to its Business Partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
How You Can Access Your Information
Camp Plana wants to help you keep your Personal Information accurate. To view or edit your Personal Information please contact us.
Your EU Data Protection Rights
Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
- Access:you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information.
- Rectification:you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you and for any incomplete Personal Information about you to be completed.
- Objection:you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
- Erasure:you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions).
- Automated decision-making:you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction:you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
- Portability:you have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law.
If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences, Opting Out of Marketing and the Creation of Customized Profiles about You
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from Camp Plana by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
- You can click “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications we send you;
- You can email us email@example.com
As some promotions, such as direct mail catalogs, are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service related matters.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
Camp Plana takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- Having in place technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Limiting physical access to our premises;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- Ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure; and
- Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Camp Plana takes children’s privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children through our websites. If you are a child as understood by laws of your country, please do not submit any Personal Information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Camp Plana’s essential features. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Camp Plana websites and services that depend on cookies.
Targeted Display Advertising by Camp Plana and Others
Targeted Email Marketing by Camp Plana
Some marketing you receive, including email marketing, may also be personalized based on your visits to camping-plana.com and your browsing and purchase history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing you receive, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This type of cookie would be linked to your email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services you view and purchase on camping-plana.com. Information gathered may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided or by contacting us.
Social Media Features
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Please be aware that Camp Plana provides links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect Personal Information about you. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to camping-plana.com are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement or make any material changes to how we use your Personal Information, we will revise this Privacy Statement to reflect such changes and revise this Privacy Statement’s effective date, included at the end of this section. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are using and protecting your Personal Information.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.